Lenora Foote-Beavers received the coveted Minority Bar Foundation’s President’s Award during the organization’s virtual Scholarship and Awards Ceremony October 26. The event is held annually to recognize law practitioners and students for dedication and achievement in the profession and academia, as well as people and organizations that serve minority communities.
This year’s honorees and their awards also included:
• State Court of Claims Judge Debra Givens, the Justice Rose B. Sconiers Trailblazer Award.
• Retired City Court Judge Robert J. Russell, the Honorable Hugh B. Scott Sr. Lifetime Achievement Award.
.• Attorneys Samantha White and Miles Gresham, the Legal Service Award.
• Danise Wilson, executive director of the Erie Niagara Area Health Education Center, the Community Service Award.
• University at Buffalo third-year law school candidate Shakierah Smith, the John L. Hargrave Student Award.
• Petrina Hill-Cheatom, dean of students for SUNY Erie City Campus, the Education Award.