On September 14th, KeyBank teammates will volunteer with community organizations in Western New York, advancing neighborhood prosperity . The bank is hosting its 30th annual Neighbors Make the Difference Day®. From 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., teammates in Western New York will spend time volunteering with community organizations and service projects in the region.
They’ll join thousands of KeyBank teammates nationwide in receiving paid time off to volunteer at more than 600 projects in the neighborhoods where they live and work.
A list of projects in Western New York can be found bellow.
Many of the bank’s branches will close at noon on September 14th to accommodate teammates who are volunteering; customers will have access to ATMs, as well as online and mobile banking.
Neighbors Make the Difference Day launched in 1991, with a group of KeyBank employees in Alaska who volunteered for service projects. By 1993, KeyBank extended the concept to many of the communities it served, making it an official day of employee volunteerism. Now, Neighbors Make the Difference Day is a hallmark program and leading corporate volunteerism effort in America, showcasing KeyBank’s commitment to communities.
“Corporate citizenship matters; it matters for our communities, for our clients, and for our colleagues,” said Michael McMahon, KeyBank Buffalo Market President. “It’s why hundreds of KeyBank teammates will come together on Neighbors Make the Difference Day. Our purpose is to help the communities we serve thrive. All of us at KeyBank take great pride in taking responsibility for the well-being of our communities.”
To participate in the social media conversation on September 14th, follow #NeighborsDay and #IAmKey, @KeyBank on Twitter and KeyBank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/keybank.
LOCAL NEIGHBORS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE DAY LOCATIONS
• Buddy’s Rescue – 818 Ellicott Street – Buffalo, NY 14203
• Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens – 2655 South Park Avenue – Buffalo, NY 14218
• Historical Society of Dunkirk – 513 Washington Avenue – Dunkirk, NY 14048
• Locks Heritage District – One Locks Plaza – Lockport, NY 14094
• MACC Center – 3669 Southwestern Blvd. – Orchard Park, NY 14127
• Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center – 825 Depot Avenue West – Niagara Falls, NY 14305
• St. John De LaSalle Community Care – 8477 Buffalo Avenue – Niagara Falls, NY 14132
• The Service Collaborative – Beds for Buffalo Project – 298 Northampton Street – Buffalo, NY 14208
For more information about KeyBank’s commitment to creating stronger communities, visit https://www.key.com/about/index.jsp