High in vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps reduce the chemical in our bodies which cause things such as a heart attack.
* They are a good source of vitamin C. Produce collagen which helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity,
* They contain Vitamin D which supports the thyroid gland. Sweet potatoes have great iron.
* Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
* They are a great source for potassium,
* Their natural sugars are slowly released into the bloodstream, helping to ensure a balanced and regular source of energy, without the blood sugar spikes linked to fatigue and weight gain.
* Carotenoids help strengthen our eyesight and boost our immunity to disease, they are powerful antioxidants that help ward off cancer.
•Collard greens are rich in invaluable sources of phyto-nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties that have proven benefits against prostate, breast, cervical, colon, ovarian cancers.
•Fresh collards are also rich in vitamin-C, an excellent source of vitamin-A and vitamin-K. Collards are rich in many vital B-complex groups of minerals such as niacin.
•The leaves and stems are good in minerals like iron, calcium, copper, manganese, selenium and zinc.
Okra is rich in antioxidants that may reduce your risk of serious diseases, prevent inflammation, and contribute to overall health. Most notably, it contains polyphenols that may contribute to heart and brain health. Research suggests that okra may bind to cholesterol in your gut and lower blood cholesterol levels. It’s also rich in polyphenols, which fight harmful inflammation and protect your heart.
Eating okra has been linked to blood sugar control. Yet, some research suggests that it may interfere with common diabetes medications.
Eating okra may help pregnant women meet their daily folate needs. Folate is important for preventing neural tube defects.