The Erie County Industrial Development Agency (“ECIDA”) has rolled out its COVID-19 Disaster Relief PPE Cost Reimbursement Grant program for Erie County Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (“MBE”) certified businesses, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned certified businesses, (“SDVOSB”), Women-Owned Business Enterprise (“WBE”) certified businesses, and/or small businesses located in Highly Distressed Areas (as defined by U.S. Census).
· Businesses must be located in Erie County, New York and have a maximum of 50 employees
· and/or be located in Highly Distressed Areas
· and/or be Certified MBE
·and/or be certified WBE
·and/or be Certified SDVOSB
· Small not-for-profit corporations (formed pursuant to the not-for-profit corporation law) must not have more than 50 employees
·Applicant must demonstrate that it was a financially viable entity prior to the state disaster emergency declaration (March 7, 2020)
· Applicant must attest that it has been negatively affected by the state disaster emergency
· Applicant must have been in operation prior to March 7, 2019
Link to Complete Grant Guidelines: https://www.ecidany.com/documents//Grant%20Guidelines%208-17-20.pdf
Another program offered by the Regional Development Corporation (“RDC”), is aimed at businesses in immediate need of working capital. The COVID-19 Disaster Relief Loan Program offers low-interest rates, special qualifying terms and interest-only periods to help Erie County employers navigate the financial challenges caused by the COVID-19 shutdown.
For more information visit https://www.ecidany.com/ecida-covid-19-grant-program or call 716-856-6525 (ext. 126).