It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that the family of Lorna C. Hill wishes to announce that following a recent stay at Roswell Park Cancer Center, Lorna C. Hill, Founder and Artistic Director of Buffalo’s renowned Ujima Theater Company, has been released to go home under the care of Hospice.
The family has requested privacy at this time.
A GoFundMe fundraiser has been started for the unexpected extensive medical and end of life expenses and can be found on GoFundMe at Lifting Lorna Home . gofundme.com/f/lifting-lorna-home
Lorna has inspired, instructed, and given of herself to audiences, students and other artists for decades. This is your chance for the community to give back to Lorna, this is what they can do to help. As Ujima Company Founder and Artistic Director Ms. Hill’s priorities have been as follows:
- Producing and performing theatre that reflects the lives of African Americans, people of color, and marginalized communities
- Providing employment opportunities for artists,
- Presenting the work of new artists and performing arts groups,
- Providing young people with experiential training in theatre, and
- Serving as a resource to support positive values necessary for the development of the beloved community.
In lieu of phone calls, you can connect on Facebook at LornaCHillLove , a new Facebook page that Lorna will visit herself and where we will post updates and information about how you can help. If you are posting via other social media platforms please use the #LornaCHillLove and we will make sure to get those posts to her as well.
Personal letters, notes, and other mailings can be sent to:
429 Plymouth Ave, Ste 2, Buffalo, NY 14213.
Opportunities to help have also been identified through Meal Train