by Andre “The Torch” Robinson
Welcome to Rise Up Right, where we give you the best sports news and highlights, and updates taking full circle in the sports world. Thank you for your continued support….and with that being said Let’s Rise Up….
- The Sports World this week was hit with some shocking and terrifying news that the 5 time NBA champion and future NBA Hall of Famer Kobe Bryant and 8 others including his 13 year old daughter Gianna was killed in a fatal helicopter crash over the hills of Calabasas. Many sources have reported that the oppucants were headed to a basketball tournament ran by Kobe Bryant when the helicopter burst in flames. The Challenger News sends our prayers to the families involved in this tragedy.
- Super Bowl 54 will be in Miami as the Kansas City Chiefs will face the San Francisco 49ers in what is expected to be a phenomenal game. The immovable object which is the Kansas City Chiefs offense will look to be successful against the unstoppable force which is the San Francisco 49ers defense. The Torch predicts that Kansas City will win this game 27-17 as Patrick Mahomes will have a phenomenal game all around.
- The 716ers Elite are gearing up for the sixth season of their youth basketball teams in the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU). 716ers Elite Girls Tryouts will take place on the following dates and locations;
Girls Tryouts are held at King Center Charter School
(156 Newburgh Ave, Buffalo, NY 14215)
Sat, February 1 Ages 10u-14u Time: 5-7:pm
Sat, February 8 Ages 15u-18u Time: 1-3: pm
Boys Tryouts are held at Christian Central Academy
39 Academy St, Williamsville, NY
Sat, February 8 Ages 10u-12u Time: 4:15-5:45pm
Sat, February 8 Ages 13u014u Time 6-8pm
Sat, February 15 Ages 15u-16u Time: 4:30-6:15pm
Sat, February 15 Ages 16u-18u Time: 6:30-8:15pm
- The 716ers Elite will field both boys and girls teams for ages 9 through 18. There will be 9 divisions for both the boys and girls: 9 years old, 10 years old, 11 years old, 12 years old, 13 years old, 14 years old, 15years old, 16 years old, and 17-18 year olds. A total of 240 youth will be selected to participate in this program.
The program will feature Bryant & Stratton Collegiate Women’s Assistant Coach Tawan Slaughter. “I have seen the love and community support the 716ers have received for the last five years, and saw a need in this community for a highly competitive youth basketball program. There is a difference between playing in a house league and the AAU. The 716ers Elite program has been developed to teach kids the true fundamentals and skills of the game. All of the coaches we bring in will have played collegiately, and are now coaching either collegiately, professionally, or at a high level of the game,” said 716ers Elite founder Tawan Slaughter.
Parents that are interested in registering their child can send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the child’s name, age, grade in school, and school they currently attend. Students must maintain a high grade point average to remain eligible to participate. The 716ers Elite is a youth developmental program participating in the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU).
Please contact Tawan Slaughter for additional information at 716-986-3433 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the 716ers Elite visit www.716erselite.net.
Local Sports News
- The Buffalo Bills will not receive punishment for not reporting Jerry Hughes injury.
- Jeff Skinner will be returning to practice for the Buffalo Sabres which should give the Sabres lineup a boost. The Buffalo Sabres are currently 22-20-7.
- Section 6 has decided to reverse to keep inner city buffalo high schools from participating in their divisions. Thanks to multiple groups and officials for working diligently to give inner city sports teams a fair opportunity to be highlighted. Power 96.5FM Wufo Sport Report should definitely be recognized for hitting the airwaves on this issue.
For more sports talk and news follow me on Facebook @Andre Robinson or D’Andre Torch Robinson. therealtorch716 or riseupfamilyseven16 on Instagram.
Watch Rise Up Unlimited TV Show every Thursdays at 130pm and Saturdays at 730am on Channel 1302 for Spectrum Cable Subscribers. Also tune in to Power 96.5FM every Sunday from 6pm to 7pm as I am a Co Host on the WUFO Sport Report